Thursday, November 29, 2007

Blog me a Fantasy Team


The NBA season has just started and my fantasy teams are rolling. I have 4 teams at YahooSports and 4 teams at NBA.com. Given the chance to pick my fantasy team, I will pick the best for each position. I will use the NBA.com format because I can use 10 players.

PG: Deron Williams - Chris Paul is a good choice here. But what separates Williams from Paul is durability.

SG: Kobe Bryant - This is one of the most loaded positions in the league. But among shooting guards, Kobe is the best.

G: Steve Nash - I love his high FT percentage and 3 pointers. With Nash, expect 10+ assists every night.

GF: Lebron James - Aside from Kidd, LeBron is the only triple double machine. Take not
that his stats are well over Kidd's capacity.

SF: Shawn Marion - He is the consumate performer. It is hard to discount his consistency an ability to fill up the stat sheet.

PF: Kevin Garnett - This is the easiest choice to make. Garnett is always in the top three when it comes to fantasy basketball.

F: Dirk Nowitzki - The reigning MVP deserves a spot in this list. Nowitzki can always assure great stats and consistent performance.

FC: Amare Stoudomire - What am I thinking leaving Yao Ming behind? Stoudomire is more versatile and easily boosts my fantasy team.

C: Marcus Camby - I need some blocks in the house. Nobody does swatting shots better than Camby.

UTL: Tim Duncan - The "best" player in the league needs to be in my team. Duncan also serves as an insurance once Camby start to break down.

Bench: Jason Kidd - The master stat maker will always be part of my team. He performs at a high level despite the age.

Bench: Michael Redd - He is lights out from beyond the arc. Redd can also score from here, there, and everywhere.

Bench: Dwayne Wade - It's too bad that Wade has to compete against Kobe. Maybe some other time D-Wade.

Bench: Carmelo Anthony - Anthony is an automatic pick in other fantasy teams. But subbing for LeBron is not bad at all.

Bench: Dwight Howard - He is still young and has a long careers ahead. If only he can cut his turnovers and shoot his FTs better, then he might be in the starting lineup.

Bench: Yao Ming - It is hard to discount Yao's abilities. But the players in the starting lineup are just more consistent.

Tough Omissions : Gilbert Arenas, Chris Paul, Tracy McGrady, Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Rashard Lewis, Pau Gasol, and Chauncey Billups

This team is only for dreamers. Well that's why it's called fantasy..... SWEET!!!

No comments: